Life would be magical if we had the time and the means to visit hair salons as and when we please. But with our busy schedules, salon treatments are typically spaced out and reserved for special occasions or acts of desperation(!). The good news is that just because you are not getting your hair cared for by the professionals as much as you would like, there are ways to keep your hair in THE best condition from home. Here’s seven tips to learn how to have salon hair everyday!
“Life isn’t perfect, but your hair can be.”
– Every Rossano Ferretti Hair Artisan
How to maintain hair between salon visits so that it looks and feels like it has been nurtured by professionals:
1. Use shampoo and conditioner from the same brand
Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner from the same brand, which is what hairstylists do. The formulas have been designed to complement each other and it makes sense to pair your shampoo with its right partner for the best results.
2. Relax and indulge
Set aside time to wash your hair with care. The professionals don’t just treat you to a head massage as an added treat, there is a reason for this indulgence. When your scalp is stimulated, it increases blood circulation to promote cell renewal – and it also gives haircare products time to work their magic!
3. Rinse with lukewarm water
Cold water is better to rinse your hair with, but lukewarm water will do. This “hack” takes minimal effort and can enhance the effectiveness of the ingredients in your hair products. Rinse your tresses with cold water to seal hair cuticles for a glossier mane.
4. Make sure your hair gets enough moisture
Hair that’s well-hydrated is more likely to retain the treatment that your hairstylist applied at your last visit. It’s also the first steps towards managing unruly hair that is prone to frizz and flyaways. If you infuse your hair with moisture often, then it is going to be much easier to maintain.
5. Take heat protection seriously
Apply a heat-protective hair product before blow-drying, curling or straightening your hair. Otherwise, the heat may dry out your locks and you will lose that salon-quality glow. The best heat protective sprays are ones that have been fortified with proteins and natural oils to improve resilience whilst protecting against heat, colour loss, breakage, and UV damage.
6. Invest in quality styling equipment
You don’t need the best hair styling tools that money can buy, but a quality hair dryer and styling tools are worth the investment. With the right equipment at your disposal, you are more likely to style your locks the way it is done at hair salons. Ask your stylist for suggestions of where you can get your hands on the best hair tools to suit your budget as well as what features to look out for.
7. Use luxury / professional hair styling products
If you want hair that feels and looks luxurious, then it only makes sense that salon professional hair products form part of your haircare regimen. With the right products at your beck and call, maintaining that fresh-from-the-salon look is a breeze.
Italian designer haircare products by Rossano Ferretti Parma
“We have been taking care of hair for three generations, and now we have the power to bring our hair expertise to your home.”
Luxury haircare products by Rossano Ferretti Parma:
- Vita Collection – The Vita Collection is perfect for all hair types and manages overall hair health. Each of the rejuvenating formulas have been meticulously created to stimulate age defence, for hair that feels amazing and looks youthful for longer.
- Intenso Collection – This range works its magic at managing thick, unruly hair that needs to be tamed to perfection, for that salon-sleekness that the experts always achieve.
- Grandioso Collection – If your hair is thin, flat, or lifeless, then pump it with products from the Grandioso collection and you will instantly have locks that are energised and volumised.
- Dolce Collection – Remember we said that moisture is the key to healthy hair that glows? This is the collection that deeply penetrates your strands with blissful natural moisture so that your hair is soft, supple, and eager to help you attain those hair goals.
- Prodigio Collection – This collection is ideal for extremely damaged hair that needs regenerating. Whether your hair has been damaged through heat, chemical processing, or harsh products, the Prodigio range will reverse the effects to create hair that radiates with health once again.
There you have it, how to make your hair look like you just came from the salon! Your hair deserves to be treated with love and care all the time. Even when life gets busy, you can integrate quick solutions into your hair care routine to maintain salon hair that makes you feel happy and self-confident. While true beauty comes from within, we believe taking care of your appearance is your way of respecting your inner self.