Did you know that the right shampoo will make your hair easier to style and maintain? Oh yes, the road to luscious locks starts with one essential basic – a good wash with a shampoo that has been specifically formulated for your hair type! But with so many shampoo brands available, we understand that searching for the right product can be somewhat overwhelming.
As a rule of thumb, a good formula is one that will cleanse your scalp and remove leftover styling products, dirt, and excess oil without stripping your natural oils to leave your hair and scalp feeling dry and sensitive And then, if you have hair goals you are trying to achieve (for example, you want luscious waves instead of frizzy curls), you will also need to look out for the ideal ingredients and properties that will help you to reach those goals whilst keeping your hair in a healthy and manageable condition and of course avoiding products containing harsh chemicals like Sulphates and Parabens is a must; better to replace these products with ones containing lots of natural ingredients!
To make things less daunting and a little more exciting, this article will focus on the types of shampoos you should be using so that you not only have clean and wholesome hair but hair that’s worth a good deal of envy.
It’s Starts with Your Scalp
Shampoo is meant to clean both your hair and scalp. If your scalp is in a healthy state, however, then it will be easier to maintain your hair. For instance, if your scalp is dry, your locks are likely to be dull, listless, and flecked with dry flakes of skin (no one wants that)! Or, if you have an oily scalp, your hair will lack volume and life.
When your scalp is dry, itchy or oily, then selecting a suitable shampoo can be your first line of defence against the uncomfortable, and often embarrassing hair conditions that you have to live with.
So, your first step towards choosing the best shampoo for your hair is to define your scalp type and then rectify the problem accordingly.
Tips for Choosing a Shampoo for An Oily Scalp
- Avoid shampoos that have been formulated to heavily hydrate, moisturise, or smoothen hair. These blends will just add more moisture to your already oily scalp.
- Stick to labels that mention “volumizing”, “strengthening”, or “balancing”. The ingredients in these shampoos do not add extra moisture and work better at eliminating excess oil. Grandioso Shampoo is an excellent example of a shampoo that adds energy to hair whilst removing excess oils, thanks to a formula containing over 92% natural ingredients like Avocado, Ginseng and Keratin
- A clarifying shampoo for deep cleansing can also help to reduce the build-up of oil on the scalp. The trick, however, is to not overuse this type of product because it could have an adverse effect (your scalp may start to dry).
Did you know that dry skin can actually stimulate the production of oil and sebum?
Tips for Choosing A Shampoo for a Dry Scalp
- Volumizing shampoos tend to strip your hair of any extra moisture, so if you battle with dry scalp, then you want to avoid products with these properties.
- if your scalp is only slightly dry and has little to no itching or flaking, then you want to consider shampoo labels that promote moisture, hydration, and smoothing effects like The Intenso Shampoo range with Macadamia, Green Tea and Bamboo all helping this Vegan formula with over 95% natural ingredients to condition and nourish thick, dry hair
- If you suffer from a severely dry hair then a shampoo formula that includes ingredients such as Aloe Vera and can give you the relief you need while moisturising your scalp and hair. A perfect solution for all types of very dry hair is Dolce Repair & Nourish Shampoo which as well as Aloe Vera also uses Grape Seeds and Ginseng in a Vegan recipe to smooth, calm and nourish very dry hair.
Did you know that even when your scalp is dry, it is important to properly shampoo
Shampoo Choice Based on Hair Type
If you find that your scalp is neither excessively dry nor oily and you simply want to focus on achieving the type of hair you would like to have, then the following advice will help you to choose a shampooing product that will help you to attain your desired results:
- Hydrating and moisturizing shampoos will smooth your hair and add shine. They are a good choice for thick, curly, or coarse hair that lacks moisture. Like Intenso Shampoo.
- Volumizing shampoos are an excellent choice for those who have fine, dull, or limp hair. The volumizing formula will give hair an extra boost without weighing it down. Why not try Grandioso Extra Volume shampoo. You can even try Rossano Ferretti’s dry shampoo to keep your hair volumized and clean while on the go.
- If your hair is very fine, weak or fragile or you have issues with hair fall then a gentle restructuring, nourishing and stimulating shampoo will help Strengthen your hair. We suggest to try Vita shampoo.
- Tired of your stray curls? Look for a heavy moisturising shampoo that includes ingredients that help to reduce frizz without weighing down the curls. Try Dolce Repair & Nourish.
- Dolce Repair & Nourish is also a great shampoo for those with damaged or over processed hair in need of repair.
- If you are looking for a great “in between” option, then your best bet is a balancing shampoo formula. This means that the product shouldn’t be too moisturising but it won’t dry your hair out either. For the prefect all hair type shampoo that also revitalises and stimulates hair growth try Vita shampoo.
- And finally for a simple and easy all in one shampoo for any hair type that can be used everyday, try Vivace everyday Shampoo.
- Did you know that there are shampoos that have been specifically formulated for those who wear hair extensions? Try Dolce Shampoo for softer, hydrated, and more manageable hair.
The Bottom Line…
There is no denying that the better your hair looks, the better you will feel. The good news is that most hair goals can be reached when using the right products and styling methods. An excellent shampoo that is right for your hair-type forms the basis of any haircare routine. By knowing what ingredients and properties to look out for on a shampoo bottle, you will easily find a hair washing product that will help to give you the results you had hoped for. With this in mind, we help our tips and advice will help you to do just that.