Bad hair days are a bummer. Bad hair weeks, months, and years – we’ll, they’re enough to keep your head buried in the sand. But as morbid as this notion sounds, this is often how those with weak and fragile hair feel. If this is you, then we are sure you can relate, no?
The good news is that limp and vulnerable hair doesn’t have to stay that way! By following a healthier lifestyle and using hair care products that include the right ingredients, you can rectify weak hair so that it is quickly strengthened and re-energized.
But first, let’s get to the root of the problem (pun intended). What causes weak and fragile hair?
What Causes Weak, Fragile Hair?
Weak hair – the definition: weak hair can be described as hair that is limp, brittle, thin, extremely dry, excessively oily, or falls out easily.
In our day in age, the overuse of hot styling tools is generally the number one causing factor of weak and fragile hair. However, this type of problem-hair can also be caused by:
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal factors (such as childbirth or menopause)
- Disease, illness or infections
- Poor diet
- Environmental impacts (such as too much sun and exposure to chlorine or pollutants)
- Overexposure to air-conditioning and/or heating systems
- Over-processed hair
With so many underlying causes that can result in poorly hair that’s impossible to tame, it’s no wonder that you are here searching for ways to give life to listless locks! But enough about the negative. You want solutions, right?
Here Are Treatment Options for Weak Hair That Work
- Start by scrutinizing your diet. When your diet is unbalanced, the results will be reflected in your skin and hair. A good eating plan for healthy and more vibrant locks includes plenty of lean protein and fresh vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, and iron.
- Passa a ‘Switch to’ a quality shampoo that’s designed to revitalise hair. This type of shampoo will actively work to stimulate the scalp, thus assisting with faster hair growth while it strengthens strands for a fuller and healthier hair-look.
- Usa ‘Use’ a pre-shampoo treatment for extra “vava vum”! A pre-treatment may add a few minutes to your hair care routine, but the moisturising and reconditioning benefits are well worth it. Try Rossano Ferretti Parma’s Prodigio Regenerating Treatment to make your locks healthy and strong in as little as one use.
- Scegli ‘Choose’ luxury hair styling products that feature Ginseng as a main ingredient. Ginseng is a natural nourishing ingredient that does wonders for your hair. It works by increasing the dermal cells on the scalp which, in turn, aids in strengthening hair follicles at the root. The result is faster growth of strands that are also ultimately thicker and stronger.
- Cambia ‘Change’ the way you wash your hair. When shampooing your hair, concentrate on lathering your roots and let the ends be. With conditioner, you want to take the opposite approach. Heavily apply conditioner to dry, split ends and avoid the scalp area. This will leave your hair sufficiently clean and nourished without being dried out at the ends and weighed down at the roots.
- Prova ‘Try’ washing your hair every other day. Another trick of the trade is to get into the routine of washing your hair less often. If you wash your locks too frequently, then you strip away the natural oils that keep it hydrated and conditioned. You can wash your hair every second or third day and use a professionally formulated dry shampoo on the days between.
- Limita ‘Limit’ your hair’s exposure to heat. Both hot styling tools and the sun’s UV rays can damage your strands, causing them to weaken and break. Our advice is to limit time spent using hot hair styling tools and basking in the sun. Alternatively, you can spritz on a thermal protector spray. Dolce Protect & Detangle Spray is a great product to use if you simply love your days out during summer or you can’t bear to take a break from your hair straightener/curling iron.
- Cheat with volumizing hair products. If your hair is fine, flat, and weak, then maybe it just needs a little oomph added to it so that it can be brought back to life. And on that note, we would like to introduce Rossano Ferretti Parma’s Grandioso Hair Collection.
The collection features a volumizing shampoo and conditioner and a volumizing spray that work together to optimally strengthen and refresh hair for a healthier and rejuvenated look. And, like with all Rossano Ferretti’s luxury line of hair products, these formulas have been inspired by the beautiful and lively Italian landscapes for optimal efficiency. The range is also cruelty-free and free from sulfates and parabens.
When you use products from the Grandioso collection, you will add body to your locks and encourage a root lift for natural movement. You’ll also improve long-term hair health for a “crowning glory” that’s is independently stronger and livelier.
* If the advice we have given you in this article doesn’t help to make your weak hair stronger and lusher, then we advise you to visit a professional hairstylist. A good stylist will be able to study your hair-type and provide you with an effective and custom plan for the way forward. When it comes to journeying towards fabulous hair; there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel!