If you’ve ever experienced damage to your hair before, you’ll know first hand just how difficult your hair can become to manage when it’s not in tip top condition. While a trim is the obvious way to reduce split ends, it is possible to improve the condition of your hair through careful care and nourishing hair care products. If you’re finding your damaged hair unmanageable, here’s how to improve it..
How to Take Care of Damaged Hair…
Damage to the hair can be caused by a number of different things – too much heat styling, chemical packed products, colouring your hair, hair treatments at the salon and also having hair extensions, as well as over washing and brushing and all of the above can damage the hair shaft as well as stripping the hair of natural oils and nutrients. These issues can cause split ends, frizz, brittle and dry hair, making it really tricky to style and very easy to break. When damaged hair becomes unmanageable it can really start to get you down. Day-to-day hair just won’t sit right, looks dry and can become frizzy and unruly.
If your hair is damaged it will need an extra helping hand to revitalise it. For hair that’s in really bad condition, a trim is a must, otherwise it’s possible to repair and smooth split ends to make the hair more manageable with a few hair care tips and tricks.
How to Prevent Damaged Hair…
Of course damage happens for a reason, so if you’re trying to improve the condition of your hair, it’s worth becoming aware of how to prevent it in the first place. Here are a few tips:
– Brush your hair in sections: Starting from the root and brushing through to the lengths causes snags and breakage. Instead work in small sections, starting with the ends and working your way up
– Invest in a silk pillowcase: To avoid damage while you sleep.
– Avoid colouring your hair too frequently: Many dyes contain harsh chemicals that can strip the hair of moisture. Try to avoid dying your hair, or if you do, choose a natural alternative.
– Avoid hot water: Very hot showers will strip moisture from your skin and hair, try having warm showers instead, and give your hair a blast of cold water at the end to seal the cuticle.
– Use nourishing products: Choose products that are designed to hydrate and nourish the hair, and avoid chemicals in your hair care products by choosing natural alternatives.
– Avoid heat styling: There are lots of alternative ways to get the look you want without using heat. If you have to heat style from time to time, use a protective serum.
– Be careful when heat styling: Using too high heat will damage the hair making it dry and brittle, making it more susceptible to breakage and reducing shine and luster. Reduce the heat level down on the appliance you are using and use a protective serum like Dolce Detangle and Protect Styling Booster which helps to detangle, hydrate and protect the hair against the damage heat can cause.
What are the Best Treatments for Damaged Hair?
The products that you use are essential to the improvement of the condition of your hair when it is damaged. Using anything with a lot of chemicals and artificial ingredients will only damage your hair further, so it’s time to switch to natural alternatives.
The Prodigio Regenerating Hair Repair is a super powerful pre-wash treatment for the driest, damaged and over-processed hair. With 95% naturally derived and luxurious ingredients like Shea Butter, Olive Extract, Ginseng and naturally occurring Keratin, the Mask nourishes and repairs the hair, whilst avoiding harsh chemicals that can cause unseen damage. This Mask is unusual in it is applied pre-wash. This means you rinse your hair, apply the Mask and then go about the rest of your routines. Whilst the Mask only needs around 15 minutes to fully penetrate, due to its rich natural formula, it can also be left on as long as you want. Whenever is convenient, you can then follow your normal routine and shampoo your hair and follow with a Conditioner or Mask. This multi-award winning Mask was recently voted the best Mask in the Eco beauty awards.
A nourishing oil is also a must for damaged hair too, not just to improve the condition of the hair, but to add a healthy shine and make it more manageable too. The Prodigio Regenerating Hair Supplement is a great option. This multi-award winning oil it’s packed full of nourishing and hair smoothing natural ingredients such as Rosemary Leaf, Almond and Avocado oils. This oil will help seal split ends, make hair look and feel sleek and helps maintain the condition of your hair on a daily basis.
It is possible to overcome damaged hair with just a few tweaks to your hair care routine and by using products that are designed to repair and nourish, with natural ingredients. Maintaining your hair in great condition will ensure it looks and feels great all the