Let’s all agree that out of all the months in a year, December is by far the busiest. From present shopping to office parties and family gatherings, the festive season has a way of making your social calendar burst at the seams. As demanding as this time is, however, we encourage you to remember to make time for yourself. Remember to relax, unwind, and focus on “you”. It’s no lie – the better you feel, the better you look, and the better you look; the more fun you’ll have!
This year, the Rossano Ferretti Parma team is all about “you” looking great – without the fuss. We believe that spending just a few moments on your hair will give you an instant festive glow so that you can feel good about yourself and the skin (and the hair) you’re in.
We bring to you –
3 Quick and Easy Festive Hairstyles!
Starting with the popular Messy Bun
1. The Messy Bun
As the name implies, a messy bun is a knot that looks carefree and whimsical. As simple as the style sounds, however, it does take just a little finesse to achieve. We’ll walk you through the steps (we’ve found a simple way of creating an effortless top knot).
- To create a messy bun, you really only need an elastic band or a scrunchie, and your fingers. You may, however, find it handy to have a soft brush and a wide-toothed comb at your disposal.
- Once you have your tools on hand, then the next step is to add a dollop of mousse to your hair. A quality mousse will make your locks easily pliable while keeping them soft and natural. We also suggest that you use a mousse that includes a volumizing agent for extra “oomph”. Massage this mousse into your roots and run it down through your hair.
- Now, gather your hair at the back of your head. If you want a low messy bun, gather your hair at your nape, if you want a top knot, flip your head upside down and gather it at the top of your head. Secure your hair in place using your elastic band or scrunchie.
- Loosely twist your hair before winding it around your elastic band. You can tuck the end of your twisted ponytail into the same band to secure your bun in place.
- If your bun’s not messy enough for you, gently pull out strands for a more “disarranged” look. You can also use bobby pins to arrange loose strands.
Play around a bit using these steps for different carefree messy bun styles. You can lower the bun, add plaits, tighten up flyaway strands, or crimp and curl fly-aways if you’re feeling playful. It’s also currently popular to add a scrunchie for a touch of colour and intrigue – bobby pins and decorative clips can also be used for a more festive look.
While there are other ways to create a messy bun, the steps we shared with you are simply the easiest – and quickest way to attain the look you’re after.
Watch our video HERE for more “messy bun” inspiration.
Tip: If you don’t have a volumising mousse on hand, you can use a dry shampoo to give your roots extra life.
Recommended products for a successful messy bun:
- Rossano Ferretti Parma’s Vivace Dry Shampoo Crème
- Rossano Ferretti Parma’s Favoloso Volumising Mousse
2. Stylish Ponytail
A stylish ponytail is a classic look that’s never gone out of fashion. You can neatly tie your hair up so that it’s sleek and sophisticated or you can add some texture with a wavy ponytail – whichever you prefer, these are both super easy hairdos to attain.
The Sleek Ponytail
The secret to a neat, tight, and sleek ponytail is to get your hair as straight and a frizz-free as possible. If you can achieve this, then the rest is easy.
At Rossano Ferretti Parma, we rely on our luxury Velluto straightening serum, which has yet to fail us. Inspired by winters in the Italian Alps, this vegan-friendly and cruelty-free product has been professionally formulated to defrizz hair, smoothen it, and make it super straight. Simply work the serum through your hair before blow-drying/straight-ironing it. The results – magic!
Once your hair is straight, you can add hair oil for a final touch of light and shine. This hair oil will also make it easy for you to gather your hair into a sleek ponytail. You can secure your tresses with a hairband, a scrunchie, or you can use locks of your own hair to wrap around the straight pieces (which you can discreetly lock in place with bobby pins).
Our best hair shine products include:
- Velluto Straightening Serum – (apply on damp strands for silky, defrizzed and straight hair).
- Brillante or Prodigio Oil (as a final touch to add light and shine).
See our video HERE for sleek-ponytail inspiration.
The Wavy Ponytail
The wavy ponytail can be dressed down for daytime excursions or it can be dressed up for an oh-so-chic look to match evening attire. Whether you have naturally curly hair or straight hair, this festive hairstyle is a breeze to achieve. All you need is a curling iron and the right products.
For the best wavy ponytail, you’ll want to add volume to your hair. We recommend Favoloso Volumizing Mousse or a touch of premium dry shampoo to lift your roots and to add body and Favoloso movement enhancer to add texture to your beach waves.
Watch one of the Rossano Ferretti Parma stylists in action and draw inspiration from this technique: Wavy Ponytail – How To Use Rossano Ferretti products
* Notice how the stylist uses our Dolce spray to protect hair from the heat of the styling tools.
3. Loose look
If you don’t feel like tying your hair up, then there’s absolutely nothing wrong with rockin’ the festivities with loose and beautifully flowing locks. Here are our favourite looks for the season:
For brilliantly wavy hair, equip yourself with the following luxury haircare products:
- Dolce Spray (to protect your hair from the hot curling iron).
- Favoloso Spray (spray on dry hair to increase movement and texture).
- Brillante or Prodigio Oil (as a final touch to add light and shine).
Beach waves are all the fashion these days and look good on both long and shorter hair. You can achieve this natural – almost carefree style – by using a curling iron or by plaiting wet hair and leaving it to dry
See how Rossano Ferretti Parma does it HERE
Natural Volume and Healthy Movement
For hair that looks naturally fabulous – and the envy of all men and women – then you can go with the “less is more” approach.
Here’s a quick effortless trick to add texture, body, and magnificent movement to your hair:
- Start by applying a heat protection spray to your damp locks.
- Add Favoloso Mousse to your lengths to add texture and volume.
- Spray Rossano Ferretti Parma’s Grandioso Spray on the roots for extra volume.
- Dry your hair using your blow-dryer’s diffuser attachment. Scrunch your ends into the diffuser blowing the hair upwards towards your roots.
- The result is long beach waves that are bountiful in texture and movement.
- Finish this routine off with a luxury hair oil to add a natural shine to your tresses.
Click HERE for a video guide.
Perfect Silky Loose Look
Even if your hair is coarse and thick, it’s possible to soften and liven it if you have the right products at your disposal. For a silky loose hair-look, we suggest you treat yourself to:
- Dolce Spray (to protect from heat styling).
- Intenso Serum (for thick hair) or Velluto Serum (for medium-fine hair).
- Brillante Oil (for hair that glimmers and shines).
Here’s how the Rossano Ferretti team achieves a beautiful silky loose look on thicker hair: WATCH VIDEO
* All the haircare and styling products in this article have been carefully formulated by Rossano Ferretti Parma to emulate the beauty we call ITALY. Our products include natural ingredients and are lovingly cruelty-free and vegan-friendly. They are also free of parabens and sulphates.