If your hair looks and feels depleted, then this guide is for you. Drawing inspiration from the lush and healthy Italian landscape, where Rossano Ferretti Parma has its roots, we would like to help you restore your hair so that it radiates beauty and well-being. But to provide you with solutions, it’s important that you know what causes damaged hair and the extent of the damage that you’re working with.
How does hair get damaged?
Hair damage occurs when “aggressors” attack the cuticle (the outer layer) of your hair, leaving cracks in the surface. These aggressors can include:
- Products with harsh chemicals
- Brushing your hair roughly and excessively
- Saltwater and chlorine
- Cheap DIY colour treatments
- Hot styling tools
- UV rays
- Air pollution
- Dry air
Overexposure to any of these aggressors can leave your hair more prone to breakage, creating what may seem like a never-ending hair nightmare.
What does damaged hair look like?
Hair damage can affect hair types differently, but most people are left with dry, brittle, and dull tresses that are hard to tame and even harder to accept.
If your hair is frizzy, coarse to the touch, and lacks vibrancy, then it’s possibly damaged and in dire need of some tender love and care.
How can I repair damaged hair?
The good news is that you don’t have to succumb to having broken, untameable hair forever. By adjusting your hair care routine and treating yourself to the best luxury hair care products, you can have supple, enriched locks that are worthy of a day out e.v.e.r.y day!
Our team of hair experts also encourage you to:
- Avoid washing your hair too often – When you wash your hair more than 2-3 times a week, you prevent your natural hair oils from nourishing your locks, which can leave them dry and vulnerable.
- Put down the hot styling tools – Your hairdryer, straightener and curling tongs don’t have to be thrown out altogether but do try to give your tresses a chance to dry naturally as often as possible (so that you don’t become a victim of heat damaged hair).
- Wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo – Sulfates work magic at cleansing hair, but they can also strip the healthy hair oils from your locks while they’re at it. The best shampoo for damaged hair is a sulfate-free brand that moisturises as it cleanses (try our delectable Vita Rejuvenating Shampoo, perfect for fragile, thinning or ageing hair).
- Use a professional detangler brush – A premium quality brush will help you to loosen knots without breaking your hair. It’s also important that you don’t over brush your hair and that you apply each stroke gently, focusing on your ends first before brushing downwards from your roots. You can read more about healthy hair brushing here.
- Appreciate the power of protection –Our very own award-winning Prodigio Regenerating Oil is the best treatment for damaged hair because it repairs and protects in one. By using it daily, you can seal split ends and provide protection for healthy, silky hair.
What are the best hair products for damaged hair?
At Rossano Ferretti, we believe in a wholesome loving approach to hair care, and we consider quality hair products to be ones that are:
- Free from sulfates and parabens
- Vegan friendly
- Infused with natural ingredients
- Formulated to hydrate, nourish and protect hair
Introducing our Prodigio and Vita collection!
Our Prodigio collection has been designed to swoop in and rescue damaged hair – so much so that you can see and feel the results from the very first use. The collection includes a Regenerating Oil, a Scalp Scrub (ideal for dry, flaky scalps), and THE best hair fiber regenerating treatment – our intense Pre-wash Treatment Mask that leaves hair ultra-soft and silky from the very first application.
The Vita collection is another staple hair care collection, perfect for brittle hair and features the best mask for weak hair. The collection also includes the Rejuvenating Shampoo and a Rejuvenating Serum that work to plump up thin, fragile and ageing hair. The result is thicker fuller strands that emanate vitality and strength.
Damaged hair no longer needs to put a damper on your day. Creating an effective new hair care routine doesn’t have to be challenging either. With the right products at your disposal and the right amount of dedication, you can repair your hair and maintain healthy locks that glisten and gleam in all the right ways.
Rossano Ferretti Parma –
A REVOLUTIONARY COMBINATION OF THE BEST NATURAL INGREDIENTS, THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AND ITALIAN HERITAGE