Sleek hair that’s whipped back to highlight your face is a classic look that will never go out of fashion. Celebrities have donned this style on the red carpet and jet setters, holidaymakers, and fashionistas around the globe appreciate it as a staple go-to style that can be worn for a chic evening event or even as a casual daytime look complimented by a pretty summer dress.
*** Slicked back hair works on all hair types – which is great news! We also want to debunk the myth that slicked back hair is only suitable for certain face shapes… it’s simply not true! If you want to try a slicked back look, there should be nothing that stops you! All face shapes are beautiful and can be equally accentuated with a slicked back style.
How to get slicked back hair
Along with beachy hair styles, sleek and sophisticated hair is a popular summer choice as it means you can avoid hair sticking to your face during the hot, humid months, whilst still enjoying your free-flowing locks.
Here’s how to get sleek hair:
- Wash your hair with a smoothing or nourishing sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to ensure that it is soft and manageable (particularly if you tend to have hair that is prone to frizz).
- Gently pat your hair dry with a soft towel, then apply a heat protective spray before using a professional detangling brush.
- Next, apply an anti-frizz and smoothing serum and brush through to ensure even distribution. We love the Velluto straightening serum. Inspired by the Italian Alps and formulated with 95% natural ingredients, this luxury hair styling product has been designed to effectively smooth and de-frizz hair so that it straightens quickly and easily.
- Once you have applied the straightening serum, proceed to blow dry your hair upwards at the roots before styling it straight.
- Now, aim your hairdryer to the sides, blowing your hair back. Always aim your hairdryer in the opposite direction to your roots, to ensure your cuticles are smooth.
- Once your hair is dry, use hairpins to pin back your side locks, keeping the top loose and volumised.
- With the pins in place, use a professional straightening iron to smooth and polish your hair, adding Brillante protect and shine oil to the ends before gliding the hot iron through divided sections.
- Once your hair is straight, back-brush it at the front hairline and at the crown to stimulate volume.
- Finally, smooth the top of your hair using a fine-tooth comb.
Tip: use a comb to create a slicked deep side parting, adding volume to the sides of the parting, or you can smoothen hair down for a sleeker chic look.
How to do a sleek ponytail
The sleek polished pony emanates style and sophistication whilst remaining a quick and convenient hairstyle to achieve.
Here’s how to do a sleek ponytail:
- Wash your hair with a nourishing sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to ensure deep hydration and control.
- Gently pat your hair dry with a soft towel and then apply a protective spray and brush through.
- Next, apply Velluto straightening serum to the lengths of your hair, brushing it through so that all your strands are covered with the serum. Then proceed to blow-dry smooth.
- Straighten your hair with a professional hair straightener.
- Now, divide your hair into three sections, with the middle section remaining slightly thicker than the evened side sections.
- Create a ponytail with the back middle section by securing it with an elastic band (use one that won’t snag your hair).
- Next, wrap each side section around your ponytail where it has been secured, focusing on one section at a time. Securing each wrap with a hairpin.
- Add a few drops of Prodigio regenerating hair supplement for the perfect finishing touch and split end healer.
Still not sure how to create the best sleek ponytail? Watch this video for inspiration:
Introducing Dolce Satin Glow Booster…
For elegant, slicked-back hair that glows with radiance, try our Satin Glow Booster. This luxury hair spray boosts styling results by detangling, reducing breakage, and reducing colour loss, whilst adding a velvet-like sheen. It’s the perfect product to start your styling regimen with, simply apply it to damp hair.
Slicked back hair is great for warmer days or days where you want your hair down, but out of your face. Now you can achieve this look and spend your holidays flaunting a comfortable no-fuss hairstyle that’s as versatile as they get! Ciao for now!
Share your looks with us! Tag @rossanoferrettiofficial in your summer inspired hairstyles that have been created using RF products and we will repost our favourite!