Avocados are arguably one of the most versatile fruits - yes, they’re actually a fruit! Rich in minerals and vitamins, they are used to add taste and sustenance to anything from salads to plain old toast. But their good use goes beyond nourishing us from the inside out. This superfood can have amazing benefits for your hair and is often a secret ingredient that’s found in many proven hair formulasWhat are avocados and why are they so good for us?
Avocados are green pear-shaped fruit that bears a single large seed. They come in hundreds of different varieties from countries around the world. They grow on trees and have thick leathery skin. It’s the inner flesh of avocados that’s edible when ripened (they have a creamy, buttery texture). This flesh contains oil that is so rich in vitamins and minerals that it has been deemed a superfood.
Avocados are healthy for you because they:
- - Help you to absorb antioxidants
- - Reduce the risk of heart disease
- - Can help prevent and treat cancer
- - Help you to lose weight
- - Can boost brain health and memory
- - Help to lower the risk of depression
- - Keep your skin healthy
When used in a hair care routine, the wholesome oils from avocados can soften your locks, replenish damaged strands, nourish, and more.
We reveal how this natural ingredient can benefit hair, below...Moisture retention
If you find your hair is dry, coarse, or brittle, then adding avocado to your diet and beauty routine is one way to help it to retain moisture. The superfood contains a plethora of fatty amino acids that work wonders at coating strands so that they can lock in moisture as can be found in our Prodigio regenerating and repairing oil and our Velluto anti-frizz straightening Serum.
Do you want to speed up your hair growth? With vitamins and minerals such as copper, iron, A, B6, D, and E, avocado is an ingredient that can give your hair and scalp a deep and nourishing treatment. Hair that’s healthy is more likely to grow faster. At the same time, this green wonder-fruit also helps to unclog hair follicles and stimulate the scalp. When hair follicles are stimulated, they awaken to thrive and grow.Hair Loss Preventio
If you battle with hair loss, then you may want to include avocados as a daily part of your diet. Their famous fatty acids can positively impact hair, especially where hair fall or hair loss is concerned.Skin Protection
Healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp. To keep your skin clean, detoxed, and protected against environmental aggressors, you can consume avocados as well as include their nourishing oils in your beauty regimen. This food source contains antioxidant-rich vitamins and minerals that not only nourish, but help keep free radicals at bay. Your hair will look and feel healthy when it’s grown from skin that’s nourished and protected. Shampoos with Avocado can aid a healthier scalp by detoxifying and hydrating like in our Intenso Shampoo for thick hair.
An itching and burning scalp can be unpleasant. It also does not create a very good environment for hair to thrive in. But thanks to the moisture-enhancing properties of avocados, one can reduce inflammation naturally.Anti-aging
Just like your skin, your hair ages over time too. If you eat avocados regularly, however, then you can take action at reducing premature signs of aging from within. While this may not target the hair or scalp specifically, it can ultimately make a difference. After all, your hair grows out of your body! For an extra hair health boost try a hair mask with Avocado oil like our Vita rejuvenating hair Mask to help combat the signs of hair ageing and leave hair looking and feeling more resilient and vibrant.Improved Shine
If you want hair that shines, then it’s important to eat nutrient-loaded food. Whether you eat your avocado on toast or use it as a hair treatment, this superfood can target dry, brittle areas and provide deep nourishment. The end result: hair that’s shinier and healthier than before. Add a few drops of our multi-award winning Prodigio Oil at the end of your styling rituals for an extra shine boost.
How to use avocado products for hair...
Apart from consuming this food-source so that it can work from the inside out, it can also form part of your beauty ritual and can be used externally. The next time you are looking to purchase quality hair products, look out for brands that contain avocado oils and other natural ingredients in their formula. We can suggest the following hair care products that can be used for scalp massages, hair treatments, and deep conditioning:1. Hair massage
To keep your hair moisturised and protected, massage your hair with a hair care product that contains avocado oil. How to massage the hair:
- - Purchase an avocado-based haircare treatment. We recommend Prodigio, a regenerating and repairing oil
- - Apply 2-4 drops every day on wet or dry hair
- - Use finger tips to run the oil through your hair to your ends.
- - Prodigio is a leave-in treatment and there is no need to wash it out. It will leave your hair feeling and smelling great as well as adding shine and protection.
An avocado hair mask will treat your hair so that it feels stronger, healthier, and more supple than before. The fruit’s natural oils will still take effect and will lubricate the hair to make it appear shinier and healthier.
Rossano Ferretti have award winning and delightful hair masks, which have Avocado as a key and essential ingredient, such as the Vita rejuvenating Mask and the Intenso Softening & Smoothing Mask, that replenishes hair by using avocado as a main ingredient. Follow these simple steps to get the best results from your Hair Mask routine:
- - Wash your hair with Vita Rejuvenating Shampoo
- - Towel dry your hair and then apply a walnut-sized amount of treatment to your hair
- - Apply it from root to tip
- - Leave the mask on for a few minutes before rinsing and drying your hair
* Treat yourself to this hair mask regimen every two weeks but if you hair is very dry or damaged then you can apply the Mask whenever you wash your hair until the condition improves.3. Deep conditioning
After washing your hair with shampoo, you can use an avocado-based conditioner as with Rossano Ferretti Grandioso conditioner, as an intensive conditioning treatment.Here’s how:
- - Wash your hair and then apply a small amount of conditioner onto your fingers
- - Then, run your fingers through your hair from root to tip
- - Repeat this action as many times as needed to thickly coat your hair
- - Leave the product in your hair for at least 30 seconds and then rinse it out with warm water.