With the party season right around the corner, now is the perfect time to consider how you will style your hair for the events and parties you have to attend. The big question is, do you choose hair down or opt for a romantic up-do? The festive period is renowned for celebrations, dressing up and having a good time, so a little forward planning to ensure you look and feel your very best is a must.Read on to discover the benefits to both styles, as well as hints and tips to create the ultimate party season look...
Hair Down: The Benefits
For many wearing your hair down is an everyday style, and so may not feel that special for Christmas parties, but hair down can look truly striking when styled the right way. You might find wearing your hair down to be more comfortable for long evenings, and choosing to go for lose hair will make your locks a focal point of your look. Hair down can even make a real statement, whether you go for poker straight locks, wild waves or tight curls. When styled properly, your hair could also last you for 2-3 days, simply needing a refresh with a natural dry shampoo such as the Vivace Dry Shampoo for other events. This Dry Shampoo Crème avoids all the nasties you find in typical dry shampoos and thanks to a Vegan formula with over 90% natural ingredients is able to maximise the benefits from Sage and Rosemary and Peppermint to cleanse the scalp, refresh your style and add volume, between washes.
Up-Do: The Benefits
Up-dos can often feel a little bit more luxurious, making them ideal for Christmas parties and celebrations. What’s more, if you’re going to a crowded party, sometimes it can be nice to have your hair up and off your neck to help keep you cool.
Wearing your hair up will make your facial features stand out, drawing attention to your cheekbones and jawline. This also offers a great opportunity to make your features look even more striking, by enhancing your eyes or lips with an on-trend makeup look. An up-do is also a great option if you’re attending an all day event or a long party in the evening. With a helping hand from just a few key products, you can be sure your hair will stay put and look fabulous all evening
Whether you decide to go for an up-do or hair down, or a bit of both for multiple parties, here are some easy to achieve styles that have the wow factor...
The French Ponytail
This isn’t your everyday ponytail - think texture, volume and bounce for a party-per- fect up-do. Here’s how to achieve the look...
- 1. Start by washing your hair with the perfect shampoo and conditioner for your hair type, such as the Grandioso range for fine hair, the Intenso range for Thick hair, Vita range for lifeless and depleted hair and Dolce range for very dry hair. All these pro- ducts are packed with natural ingredients and all avoid any Sulphates, Parabens and other harsh chemicals. After washing blow dry with the Favoloso Mouse which bene- fits from over 95% natural ingredients like Aloe Vera and Ginseng to add texture and body.
- 2. Once dry, section off the top of your hair by drawing your fingers back from your temples and inwards. Start to create a French braid, bringing in more sections of hair until you reach the crown of your head. Secure with a band.
- 3. Gather up the rest of your hair into a high ponytail, incorporating the end of the French braid into the ponytail so it becomes one and secure with a band.
- 4. Wrap a piece of hair from underneath around your ponytail to cover the bands. You may want to tongue a few pieces of hair to add extra movement and body
The Half Up-Do with Velvet Ribbon
Hair doesn’t get more festive than when it’s decorated with a velvet ribbon in a be- autiful rich green or deep burgundy shade. If you’re torn between hair up or down, try this half up style...
- 1. Start by washing the hair with the perfect shampoo and conditioner for your hair type, such as the Grandioso range for fine hair, the Intenso range for Thick hair, Vita range for lifeless and depleted hair and Dolce range for very dry hair. Then apply the Favoloso spray which uses vegetable proteins, pomegranate in the 98%natural formulae, to enhance your natural waves.
- 2. Blow dry with a diffuser to bring out your curls, then smooth over with the Brillante Oil.
- 3. Gather up sections of your hair on either side at the temple - around an inch wide is perfect. Pull back and secure at the same height as the top of the ears at the back of the head, then flip the end of the ponytail inside and under the band and pull through to create a twist.
- 4. Cover the band with a velvet ribbon, tying into a bow to finish.
The Poker Straight Style
You can’t go wrong with a super sleek and smooth style for the festive season. This look is all about shine, creating glossy and healthy looking hair that will stay straight all night long...
- 1. Wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner that will reduce frizz and help hold your style, such as the Dolce Shampoo and Mask which without any Sulphates, Parabens or other harsh chemicals use natural, Vegan, ingredients like Grape, fruit oils and Keratin to smooth dry and overprocessed hair.
- 2. Next use the Velluto serum on damp hair and benefit for the 95% natural ingredients like Avocado and Sesame seeds to reduce frizz, straighten the hair and add shine. Part your hair in the middle and use a paddle brush to dry hair straight.
- 3. If your hair is naturally curly or wavy, you may need to run your straighteners quickly over the length of your hair to crea- te a super straight style
- 4. Finish with a touch of Brillante Oil to smooth down any flyaways and keep your hair straight all evening.
If you have multiple parties to attend, try these three styles for each to create a different look for every occasion. These on- trend up-dos and hair down styles offer the perfect way to create a wow factor this party season, and are easy to achieve at home.