There is something undeniably alluring about the fresh start that a new year brings. The festive air has a way of invigorating our souls as we recharge for the months ahead. But while it can be the perfect time for a change, we’re not ones to re-invent the wheel. We believe that each person has something unique to offer, and instead of you trying to drastically “fix” something about yourself, we prefer the gentle approach of self-nourishment.
Our philosophy is to embrace and celebrate uniqueness, making plenty of room for self-care and of course, self-love. In our world, this ideology extends to hair care.
I think we can all agree that there were times in the past year where we could have been a little kinder to our strands. So, for the new year, we’re going to set ourselves a few hair goals – and we hope that you will join us on this journey to healthy happy hair that is uniquely YOURS!
Our luxury hair care goals for 2022 (let’s do this!):
Indulge in weekly treatments
Treating your hair is an easy goal to achieve. All you need to do is set a little extra time aside for yourself once or twice a week and indulge in a hair mask or pre-wash treatment.
For the best results, our advice is to choose a treatment that will facilitate your hair goals. For example:
- A smoothing mask designed specifically for the needs of thick or coily hair will help to soften and smoothen strands, leaving you with locks that are easier to control and less prone to frizz.
- If your hair is dry, then a nourishing mask that will deeply penetrate your strands with moisture is what you need. Our Dolce Nourishing Mask works wonders on all hair types and thanks to its natural formula containing hyaluronic acid, it leaves strands feeling soft and supple!
- If your hair feels aged, fragile, or depleted, then you want a product that will rejuvenate it back to health. Look for a formula that includes shea butter, coconut, and avocado oil, like this rejuvenating mask. These natural properties add vitality to hair whilst keeping strands soft and manageable.
Looking for a traditional hair mask alternative? Try our Prodigio pre-wash treatment. Leap into the new year with naturally derived ingredients formulated to renew and regenerate damaged or over-processed, sensitised hair – for locks that are supremely healthy and shiny!
Eat foods that help your hair
This goal is all to do with following a wholesome diet that will help to repair and nourish your hair from the inside out*.
Some of the best foods for your hair (and skin) are:
- Berries (loaded with antioxidants and vitamins to promote hair growth).
- Spinach (great source of iron to help grow and repair damaged hair).
- Sweet potatoes (includes vitamin A, an essential vitamin that encourages the growth of thicker hair).
- Avocado (rich in antioxidants that help protect the scalp, reduce hair fall, and aid healthy hair growth).
- Nuts and seeds (rich in vitamin E and other nutrients that can help aid healthy hair growth).
*Always consult a doctor before making any dietary changes.
Reduce heat styling
It’s time to give your hair (and yourself) a break. Put down the hot styling tools when you can, including your hairdryer, and let your locks dry au naturale! Your hair will thank you for this! By taking the step to apply heat to your hair less often, you give it the chance to heal and repair itself.
“Hot styling tools can deplete moisture reserves in our strands, causing them to break and lose their lustre.”
– Rossano Ferretti Parma Hair Experts
Save the styling tools for special occasions only – natural free-flowing hair is beautiful!
Wash your hair less often
Just like hot hair tools can leave your hair dehydrated, so too can over-washing your tresses. Make a hair resolution to wash your hair less often – aim for washing your hair every second day at first, and then extend this to every third day.
This way, your strands will have an opportunity to nourish themselves using sebum that’s naturally produced by your scalp. The result – shinier, happier hair!
An expert tip: Use a luxury dry shampoo between washes to keep your locks fresh and energised.
Change your hairstyle (at least once)
They say change can be as good as a holiday, but you don’t need to go all out to change your look. As we said, our mantra is to embrace uniqueness so why not try out 1 (or 2 or 3) hairstyles that you feel are uniquely “you?”
Idea: If you’d like to change your hair without resorting to a new haircut or hair colour, try a new hairstyle each week that embraces your hair’s natural texture, or try hair extensions from our friends at Great Lengths! Hair extensions are not only used to add length, but they can also help add subtle thickness and volume to hair.
Regular hair salon appointments
Just like you take your body to the doctor for regular check-ups; you need advice from a professional hairstylist to keep hair healthy too.
Why not set your hair appointments up at the beginning of the year and make them a priority?
Visiting a salon for a seasonal trim and consultation will help to keep your locks in ultimate shape. Your stylist will provide advice on how to maintain your tresses through each season and will help you to match the best products to your hair.
Switch to a silk pillowcase
Use the festive season as a reason to gift yourself with a silk pillowcase – trust us, there won’t be any buyer’s remorse!
A silk pillowcase reduces friction, so your strands are less likely to break as you move around in your sleep. The fabric also doesn’t soak up oils as drastically as cotton does, which means that your locks will retain any treatments you’ve applied before bedtime.
This is another new year’s goal that’s super easy to attain!
At Rossano Ferretti Parma, we really do like to keep things simple. We LOVE natural hair that falls to complement the characters of the clients we cater to. As the new year approaches, we encourage you not to be too hard on yourself. Set realistic hair goals that will gently repair your hair so that you can look and feel as wonderful as you are! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!